Don Schengel, MD
“I draw upon the latest medical knowledge to tailor-fit treatment.”
My approach is very patient centered, so I will first try to understand how the injury is affecting your life. After the exam, I will review the diagnosis and provide as much information as you desire to ensure that you understand the short- and long-term implications of your particular problem. We will discuss treatment options and you can decide whether surgery or a non-operative option is best. For example, could you get by without surgery and focus on therapy, weight loss, or medications? If you’re active or an athlete, I will look at factors such as the timing of surgery and whether you could instead try therapy. I will draw upon the latest medical knowledge, my 25 years in practice and input from you to tailor-fit your treatment.
I will also work to ensure that tests are done quickly and I will discuss results with you personally. I will try to solve the problem in the office so you won’t have to wait – and you can move on with your life.
Dr. Schengel is known for:
- Being Fellowship-trained, having completed Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Orthopedic Research in Virginia in 1990.
- Specializing in arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee and total joint replacement.
- Serving as team physician for the Visalia Rawhide baseball team and College of the Sequoias.
To schedule a consultation, call 559-733-3346
If you have questions about the scheduling of your surgery, call Nila 559-733-3346.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Internship, general surgery, UCSF
- Residency, orthopaedic surgery, UCSF
- Fellowship, arthroscopy and sports medicine, Orthopaedic Research of Virginia
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Western Orthopedic Association
- LeRoy Abbot Orthopedic Surgery at UC San Francisco
- Co-Chairman of Performance Committee Orthopaedic Co-Management
- Managing Board Member, Sequoia Surgery Center, 2001 to present
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Kaweah Delta District Hospital, 1997-2000
- Member, Medical Executive Staff, Kaweah Delta District Hospital, 1996-2000
- Member, The Lifestyle Center Advisory Board, 1998-present
- Board of Trustees, Point Loma Nazarene University, 2002-2014
- Advisory Board, Central California Church of Nazarene, 2001-2013
- Board member, Research Associates, Point Loma University, 1998-2002
- Member, Utilization Review Committee, Kaweah Delta District Hospital
- Team physician, Visalia Rawhide Professional Baseball Team
- Team physician, College of the Sequoias
- Team physician, Redwood High School
- Coach, NJB Basketball, AYSO Soccer, Visalia Recreation basketball, CYA Soccer
- Orthopaedic Instructor, Emergency Residency, UCI-Kaweah Delta
For my patients
- Post Operative Instructions General Orthopedic Surgery
- Post Operative Instructions Knee Arthroscopy
- Post Operative Instructions Shoulder Arthroscopy
If you have questions, please call my office. (559)733-3346