Ian Duncan, MD
“My goal is to help you get back to living life to the fullest without pain.”
I am a doctor who talks to his patients, lays out their options and has them actively involved in the decision-making process. Giving people enough time so they feel they are being cared for and not being rushed out of the office is what is in the patients’ and my best interests. Ultimately, the more I know about a person the better I can do my job. Getting people back to the things that they love is the most important thing that I do.
To schedule a consultation, call 559-733-3346
If you have questions about the scheduling of your surgery, call Debbie N. 559-733-3346.
Introducing high-performance knee replacement surgery
Dr. Duncan is proud to offer the Journey II XR Active Knee System, a remarkable breakthrough in biomedical technology that preserves the ACL.
This new system offers greater stability and helps maintain the more natural motion of the knee for overall better function.
It features an anatomically shaped femoral component and two plastic inserts designed to work together to reproduce the original internal shapes and forces of your natural knee as it goes through its full range of motion. The attention to anatomic detail means that the muscles and other soft tissues around your joint don’t have to adjust to unfamiliar stresses and you may be able to return to a natural pattern of motion after surgery.
Second, the Journey XR uses a U-shaped tibial base plate that fits around your healthy ACL and PCL, allowing them to remain in place and function normally after surgery. In short, the function of these important ligaments doesn’t have to be re-engineered because they were never removed.
Are you injured, in pain or struggling to maintain your quality of life
because of a disorder of the bones, joints or muscles?
Ian Duncan, MD, is a Board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery, including joint replacements and arthroscopic procedures on the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee. He also specializes in small-incision approaches for fracture care. Dr. Duncan has vast experience with surgical and non-operative treatment for many orthopedic conditions including conditions of the hand, foot and ankle. Dr. Duncan’s practice philosophy is to treat each patient with respect and provide complete attention to each individual. He helps each patient to understand the treatment and make an informed decision. He is conservative with treatment options and tailors the treatment plan to each patient.
“Dr. Duncan is a great doctor. He took the time to talk to me and answer all of my questions, so that by the time I went to surgery I knew exactly what to expect. He came to visit me after the surgery and called to check on me when I went home.”
Virgil Newsom, Total Shoulder Replacement
“Dr. Duncan spent a lot of time with me discussing my options. He learned a lot about me and my lifestyle to come up with a plan that would suit me. He didn’t come in with some pre-conceived notion of what he was going to do.”
Gary Rosenberg, Partial Knee Replacement
Dr. Duncan is well known for:
- 1- to 2-day hospital admission for many total joint replacements
- Same-day discharge for partial knee replacements
- Unique pain management approach
- Extremely low infection rate
- Performing more hip scopes/labral repairs than any local surgeon
- Thomas Jefferson University/Rothman Institute of Orthopedics, Orthopedic Sports Medicine fellowship
- Temple University Hospital, Orthopaedic resident
- Temple University Hospital, General surgery/orthopaedic internship
- Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- UC Davis, Bachelor of Science
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- American Association of Orthopaedic Sport Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- California Medical Association
- Tulare County Medical Association
- Director of Orthopaedic Trauma, Kaweah Delta Health Care District
- Managing Partner, Sequoia Surgery Center
- Managing Partner, Central California Orthopaedic Associates
- Director of Outreach, Visalia Orthopaedic Co-Management Group
- High school sports physicals and football game coverage for six local high schools and College of the Sequoias
- Member, Rotary International
Sports Medicine/Team Coverage
- Arizona Diamondbacks. Affiliate orthopedic surgeon from the Rawhide. Spring Training 2014.
- Visalia Rawhide. Assistant Team Physician. 6/13 to present.
- College of the Sequoias. Team Physician 6/13 to present.
- Central Valley Christian High School. Team Physician 8/12 to present.
- Exeter High School. Orthopedic Consultant 8/12 to present.
- Visalia and Tulare Unified School Districts. Orthopedic Consultant 8/12 to present.
- Philadelphia Phillies. Orthopedic Fellow Physician, 7/11 to 7/12
- Philadelphia Eagles. Orthopedic Fellow Physician, 7/11 to 7/12
- Philadelpha Flyers. Fellow physician, 7/11 to 7/12
- Treating Articular Cartilage Defects in the Knee, Ian C. Duncan, MD
For my patients
- Ankle Fracture Surgery Post-op Instructions
- Elbow Arthroscopy Post-op Instructions
- Elbow Open Procedure Post-op Instructions
- Foot & Ankle Surgery Post-op Instructions
- Hand Post-op Instructions
- Hip Arthroscopy Post-op Instructions
- Hip Fracture Post-op Instructions
- Hip Replacement Post-op Instructions
- Knee ACL Post-op Instructions
- Knee Fracture Post-op Instructions
- Knee Open Procedure Post-op Instructions
- Knee Replacement Post-op Instructions
- Knee Scope Post-op Instructions
- Shoulder Open Procedure or Fractures Post-op Instructions
- Shoulder Replacement Post-op Instructions
- Shoulder Scope Post-op Instructions
- Tibia intramedullary nail Post-op Instructions
If you have questions, please call my office. (559)733-3346